Medical Marijuana Doctor in Stuart, Florida
Beginning January 3, 2017, patients with additional conditions will be considered eligible by the state of Florida for the recommendation of medical marijuana by certified physicians.
Currently, patients with the following conditions may be deemed eligible by the state to receive an order of medical cannabis from a state-certified dispensary:
- Terminal illness
- Chronic seizures
- Chronic and severe muscle spasms
Amendment 2 and New Eligible Conditions
From June 24, 2017, patients with the following conditions may also be considered eligible by the state of Florida:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Chronic nonmalignant pain
- Any type of terminal condition
- Any condition that is a similar type or class of the above conditions. An example is PTSD and Anxiety are similar types of conditions
As before, a patient who might be eligible to receive an order of medical marijuana must have an established relationship with a physician who has completed the necessary state certification to recommend an order of medical marijuana. Once the patient is approved by the Medical Marijuana Use Registry then the patient may receive an order from a state-certified dispensary.
Dr. Lisa Rankin of Coastal Integrative Medicine has completed the necessary certification and is eligible to recommend medical marijuana to patients in Stuart, Florida, as well as patients all over the state of Florida.